A publicity stunt to create talkability of the forthcoming Sony Pictures Release of “Spiderman Far From Home” and increase ticket sales. The activity consisted of a 3-day station domination campaign delivered at Oxford Circus Station in partnership with TfL.
- Station announcements: Tannoy announcements throughout Oxford Circus station in the voice of Peter Parker. Recordings are also attached.
- Intellectual Property: Use of the TfL roundel in the “Spiderman Far From Home” advertising 5-way media domination of Oxford Circus Station for 2 weeks from 17th June – 30th June.
- Experiential activity: An actor dressed as Spiderman handed out copies of the Metro to commuters in the ticket hall and encourage commuters to take photos for promotional purposes.
- Station whiteboards: A Spiderman “quote of the day” was written on the station whiteboards for each day of the activation.
- Filming and photography: The team from Sony Pictures took photo and video content of Spiderman as he roamed the station and shared the content via social channels and press.
- Social Media: The TfL social media team took to Twitter and Facebook to support the campaign posting images of Spiderman in the station with the following messaging: “We teamed up with @SonyPicturesUK. Clearly, superheroes choose to travel by the Tube too when they are far from home #SpiderManFarFromHome”